Please read the regulations carefully before submitting your work!
[Submissions are free for Local (kashmiri) & Female Iranian Filmmakers reserved under special category]
The Competition Programme will be divided into following categories:
a) International Competition
b) National Competition
c) Photography Competition
d) Script/Screenplay Competition
e) 1 Minute Film Competition
1. We only accept submissions through FilmFreeway platform. However, flexibility for submitting DVDs and/or online links will be accepted in special/genuine cases. You need to send a request mail for the same.
2. All Genres, Formats & Languages are accepted. However, our main focus is on Children Films, Animations, Women empowerment, Human rights, Nature, Environment, War crimes, True stories, Films for & by Children, Social Films etc.
3. Only films/documentaries with duration of 30 minutes or less will be entertained.
4. The short film/short documentary must have been completed after 1st January 2015 and should not be available on any public platform.
5. Multiple entries can be submitted.
6. Films once selected & submitted for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances until the festival is over.
7. The competition is open for professionals as well as students.
8. Short films/short documentaries that are submitted must be the entrants’ original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
9. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or images presented in your film.
10. Winners are selected by a judging panel of industry professionals consisting of independent producers, production companies, film-makers, and other film industry professionals who may be substituted at the discretion of the Festival organisers.
11. No work or artist will be either discriminated or favoured by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no censorship of any kind.
12. All Filmmakers must register as delegates to attend the festival.
13. Hospitality charges are applicable both for Filmmakers and the attendees.
14. WLISFF does not take any type of financial commitment for the expense incurred on the correspondence by the participant. However, The Festival will surely provide special discounts (reimbursement) for travel and lodging expenses for Filmmakers.
15. Special category is meant for Local Filmmakers & especially Kashmiri Language films only.
16. All Filmmakers are requested to join us on Facebook and subscribe on our website for any updates regarding the festival.
National Filmmakers for submitting the festival fee, the festival organizers prefer online bank transfer to the account:
Account Name: Majid Imtiyaz
Account Number: 30388338411
Bank/Branch: SBI (State Bank of India) / Sopore
IFSC code: SBIN0001570
MICR Code: 193002201
Or Paytm to +91-9596420240
International Filmmakers can submit the festival submission fee via PayPal to: [PayPal.Me/majidimtiyaz] or [email protected]
Note (ii): Festival Dates, Venues & Terms are subjected to change without any prior notice... For further information please contact the festival coordinator.